Poblacion, Bulacan


Quarantine. Week four. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays are the only allotted days that people from our area can go out. But the security is slowly slacking off and the checkpoints that previously lined up every kilometer or so have disappeared. I realized that I had not been mindful of this portion of our town in the past, and concentrated my efforts solely in another town proper, which is Santa Maria. My frequent errands in the past weeks, constrained me only to move about inside my town proper, this seemingly unfortunate turn of events has opened an opportunity for me to proclaim the Gospel instead here. Our last public pleading was fifteen days ago, also inside the town proper in Marilao; an area wherein I personally have never ministered in, but the church has.

Poblacion is another place where the true gospel has never been raised before. There was a long queue of about 70 or so idle people waiting in line for the money changers to open at 8:30AM, which gave me an hour and a half's worth of pleading with them, as I had their full attention all throughout. I was emboldened to lift up my voice to reach as far as the far end of the bridge and was assisted with power and the Holy Spirit. Taking away the cloak of sin from everyone who heard, and pressing upon them Christ's finished work on the cross. Thanks be to the LORD of all the earth.

*************************

Afternoons in our small neighborhood do not feel the restraint of the nationwide quarantine as much. Life goes on as usual. The afternoon skies are filled with kites, and the fields are alive with the sound of children laughing and running freely. It seems that the farther you are from society the simpler life is.

Comments