A Different Jesus

Facebook Post. Jun 3rd, 2020.

The bible describes a different Jesus from what I knew as a Roman Catholic. I was taught a Jesus who is distant, unmindful, and oblivious. Who operates in red tape bureaucracy that His earthly 'mother' is more approachable, more merciful, and more powerful. A Jesus bruised a bit here and there forever hanging defeated on a cross, white and pale, with eyes that cannot see and ears that cannot hear. Once a year during holy week this Jesus dies, and every mass He is sacrificed again and again in vain and for whatever reason, I do not know. I only knew I had to hear mass, eat a wafer, be sorry when a priest is present - but I'm free to do whatever pleases me. I can hate members of my family, I can swear, I can watch what I want, I can do what I want, I can lie, I can take sides with a thief, - I just need to do rituals. That's it. A Jesus that offers absolutely no hope in death. I just need to have money to pay a priest to say prayers. A Jesus that leaves me fearful of what may happen. A Jesus made up of lies. Frankly, up until my adult life, I knew about a Jesus whom I really have no interest in. I was in denial about hell. I wanted to go to heaven of course, anywhere but hell. But I didn't really see what I'll be doing there. I assume I would be bored for a very long time - such a selfish wretched brute. Does this sound familiar?

In Isaiah 63 the REAL Jesus is described as the returning King who is full of wrath and bent on war against His enemies. He has come for the huge slaughter not of a few, but of nations. So much body count that a deep river of blood is newly created that would run for miles. Such a massacre that would take months for their weapons to burn on the field.

Isaiah 63:1-6 Who is this who comes from Edom, dressed in bright red, coming from Bozrah? Who is this one wearing royal attire, who marches confidently because of his great strength? “It is I, the one who announces vindication, and who is mighty to save!”

Why are your clothes red? Why do you look like someone who has stomped on grapes in a vat?

“I have stomped grapes in the wine press all by myself; no one from the nations joined me. I stomped on them in my anger; I trampled them down in my rage. Their juice splashed on my garments, and stained all my clothes.

For I looked forward to the day of vengeance, and then payback time arrived. I looked, but there was no one to help; I was shocked because there was no one offering support. So my right arm accomplished deliverance; my raging anger drove me on. I trampled nations in my fury, I made them drunk in my rage, I splashed their blood on the ground.”


This is the second part of His declaration. When He read the book of Isaiah (61:1-2) in the synagogue, In it he purposely cut verse two short, because the first part of His mission was to reveal Himself as the Savior of His people. To which Israel rejected Him, and blasphemed Him instead. But the other half of verse 2 is about vindication, and vengeance.

Right now, you are a religious person without hope. You are in denial that God is your enemy, and that He has no intention of sparing you on that day. You can afford to wish for a better life, but it will be all in vain, for God has purposed to overthrow all your worldly dreams and goals. His Son is the sole centerpiece of this story, not you. God is now offering amnesty and reconciliation for all the hopeless and disillusioned through His Son. Those who run to His open mercy will be spared. Those who remain wishful and proud will have the only door closed shut before their faces. He will create a new heaven and a new earth where death and pain is no more, and you have no place there. You would have forfeited your soul, all because of your stubbornness and pride. His robes will be stained with the blood of His enemies. Not 'their' blood, yours.

Religious rebel:
‘We do not want this man to be king over us!’ - Luke 19:14

Jesus Christ as the returning King:
But as for these enemies of mine who did not want me to be their king, bring them here and slay them in front of me! - Luke 19:27

Don't be a fool, friend. A fool is someone who waits till the plane is already taxiing on the runway before he packs his suitcase and belongings. Funny thought? This is you.

You don't prepare for a move when you're at your destination, you prepare here before you even go. Am I calling you into religion? No friend. I am calling you out of it. Seek the LORD while He may be found. Call unto Him while He is near.

Run to Christ.
Run to Christ.
Run to Christ.

Comments