Ripples

The LORD mercifully sent rain to water the fallow ground, in this letter from a beloved brother. Dated, the 18th of September. This year.  

Greetings brother. I had an experience yesterday while I was out on the streets which might also serve to strengthen and encourage you and others; since you are regularly on the streets sowing the seed of the Word of God. 

As you know, it can be challenging doing street ministry because the results are literally by faith. You are trusting God to bring fruit even when there appears to be no fruit. We are trusting God even when sometimes it appears that no one is listening. Well yesterday (Thursday) I walked to a local fishing area (also known as the market in Paliparan….about a 20 minute walk from our place). I really had to push myself to go. Honestly I didn't feel like going. I was tired physically and maybe even spiritually. But some way or the other, God "picked me up" and I found myself walking down the road headed for the market. I had my "FEAR GOD – Not Covid-19" sign with me and a stack of tracts. 

After being there for a while, a 26 year old guy stopped to talk with me. His name is Brian. Brian told me his story. It encouraged me greatly. It was around 13 years ago in 2007 that Brian first saw me! He knew the exact year. Brian was 13 years old at that time. He was a student at a high school in another part of Dasmarinas. One day, after class, Brian and some of his classmates were walking down the road. They saw me standing there in front of a local mall wearing a sign. (I am sure a few others were with me) Brian was joking and laughing when he saw me. He said I asked him and his friends a question: "If you die now, where will you go?" (I asked it in Tagalog). Brian remembered the exact question and he remembered his answer. Brian said he was laughing and he shouted out, "Langit!" He was joking around when he gave that answer. He then said that I told him and the group that not everyone will go to heaven. (many will go to hell). Only those who really know God will go to heaven. Brian said that question and the things I said never left his mind! He would think about them. He now believes that God keep that question and thoughts in his mind. 

Now jump forward in time – 13 years later to our present date in 2020. It is a long story but Brian is now a Christian and part of a church! God brought others along to water the seed of the Word and share more with Brian until he was changed by the power of God! Brian told me that he has seen me often over the years but he was too shy to talk to me. He said that he would still always get tracts from me but he was just too shy to talk. Well yesterday, he got up the guts or "lakas na loob" to stop and talk with me. What Brian shared obviously encouraged me a lot. It was the perfect time for him to share that with me. Brian stayed there and talked with me for maybe 20 minutes and shared other things as well. 

This situation encouraged me all the more to continue to go to the streets and sow the Word. You just never know what will happen with the seeds we plant during public ministry. Amen!

 

May you be encouraged to labor continuously in the LORD.

Comments