Obeying God, Not Feelings

I was not feeling spiritual today. I did not feel like going out to herald the good news, much less felt worthy to do so. I felt like staying home, like I was already going out too much every week. But then again, obedience is grounded on love, not feelings. I will never be forever enthusiastic and all out every day all day. But the call, nay, the privilege to carry the gospel to the lost stands. It would not be of any gain for me to rest when I should go, but a loss. Praise God for the younger blood's energy and persistence. I was given the pull I needed to go. I said pull, not push, because as it turned out my beloved brother who I plead with was also not feeling up to it today. We both were without zeal. Yet here we are.


Had we obeyed our weak flesh instead, I can never imagine what it would have cost me, and the souls who did hear our plea. I was praying as we rode to our far away spot, and it was not to earn favor, but in spite of myself, that God would simply use what He has redeemed, for His glory. Never a time I did not thank the LORD for pulling me up and making me go, after the day is spent and finally I see what He had worked through simple obedience. The precious inquiring souls that otherwise would not have heard the good news rebuke our wretchedness. I am always glad I did go. I never regretted it.


God's mercy truly is enduring and overwhelming.
 

Comments