Luke Five Four

 
We never really know where we will go every time we go out to plead in public.God always has the hand in leading us where He wills. We rode out to Bulakan, Bulacan. Almost 13 kilometers from home to a busy market. (I remember shooting a movie here back 2017) The enforcers pointed us to a spot behind a line of tricycles, hiding us from view, which simply will not do. So we crossed to this closed dental office and risked stepping up on our pulpit for the day. I thanked God that I was still able to climb up, as my recuperating knee wasn't behaving well this past weeks, but it had to be done this way.

Photo: Jhet
Photo: Jhet
 
God held the people's attention throughout the pleading. The entire line of tricycle drivers stood the entire time towards our direction, till at last this fellow crossed over to thank us for the strange message he heard for the very first time. As offensive as the truth is, he told us he understood every word. We gave him a bible, and warned him not to give to those preachers who are asking for money. He thanked us, and encouraged us. May the LORD open his heart to understand.
 
 
Malolos was our next stop as the evening drew on. Most of the stalls and shops around the municipal hall were already closed when we arrived, but there were two lines of tricycles waiting for passengers. I do not remember when I began to consider whether I had a crowd or not before I stepped up on a platform, but I leave it all up to the LORD to work the gospel even to just one listening soul. Father has His way of drawing the fishes in even when there were none to begin with. We just have to be faithful and judge not according to what we see. People stopped, drivers stood, passers-by alighted from their scooters to park on the side and listen to the message. What voice I was losing after our first spot God gave back here, and I was assisted mightily in the reading of scripture, confronting the reality and consequence of separation from God, and the grace that is found solely on the finished work of Christ on the cross.

Comments