Encounters and Miracles


I drove my brother to the clinic to have his cysts checked and scheduled for removal. Upon stepping out of the clinic, this lady approached us for alms. Praise God. Every opportunity like this is an open door for the gospel, as these particular souls are more than ready to hear what we have to say, and the kindness that follows more than enforces the message we give. Her name is Adelaida, she ran away from foster care to live instead with an old friend, and so she gets by begging people for food. This is her appointment with the gospel. The LORD knows the rest of what happened.

I dropped off Jordan back to the church, and headed out for my second errand for the day: to track our missing package.


Our tracts were due last October 5th. But it's already the 15th and the package is still held up with the courier, indicated as out for delivery, each day since the 5th. It may seem, given the strange incidents of simultaneous ailments that momentarily robbed us a day preaching the gospel, that  our materials were also hindered. So I took it to myself, despite having paid for delivery, to fetch the precious cargo myself from the warehouse.

I arrived at the Metro Warehouse facility in Guiguinto after an hour, and found out my box was not there. I was instead directed to go back to where I came from, to another location, right where I started. I was not one bit dismayed at the seeming fruitless waste of gas and effort, but I was thanking the LORD for the means and the ability to pursue the materials. Our printer was short by 150 tracts in our previous order, but this time they added 1,000 pieces more, far more, than our order of just 2,000 pieces. The previous shortcoming, God turned into a wondrous blessing. The owner wanted to fire his employees for mishandling my order, but we pleaded with him to merely remind them of their working privileges.

What happened with the package was it got passed on to four different warehouses. (A first for me, as we have been ordering this for more than a year now.) It turned out nobody knew where the address was, nor bothered to find out, being that they are a well known delivery company. One driver who was not assigned to our route took my package and went out of his way to deliver it straight to my door. Another first. I had to ride out for my two previous orders of tracts to meet the courier halfway and claim my package as they didn't want to bother going into the streets to look for my address. This is how my package arrived, busted open and in disarray. It was not how it was sent by my printer. Nonetheless, the LORD saw to it that I receive these in miraculous fashion.
 
There is no reason to doubt the LORD who is over all things.

Comments