Pushing It

I passed the time waiting for my eldest to finish her errands at one of our first places preaching the gospel: Tunku. It was a good 45 minutes of waiting for fishes to take a bite and one of the pleasant surprises was this lady who saw the front of our tracts from a good distance away, and she still reached out to take one. Watching her as she walked away while reading it, I thanked Father. Our tracts end up crumpled on the street on most Muslim areas we minister in. I wanted to drive home early in time for our scheduled Thursday public proclamations. I did not get to take a decent breakfast this morning when we left early, and it looks like I will be driving home just to change clothes and leave at once.


My body is at a low these past months due to excessive all-nighters that leaves me drained and dizzy. Three hours worth of sleep for two months brought back my chest pains and my body feels like it has a fever. But another long drive for the sake of the gospel, and for gratitude's sake, is well worth it. After arriving home, I prepared to leave again immediately. Weak, but hopeful, that God will provide my lack.


To have missed a day laboring with the brethren and for these souls, I consider a loss. Every time I risk going out in spite of my frailty I come home refreshed and thankful. Being with my brethren is a joyful reward for me. God truly knows how to comfort His beloved children. 

Not long after we arrived and started preaching this man parked awkwardly in front of us and and stared for while, before going down to attack this man standing beside me, pushing him hard to the pavement. It gave me a good reminder to always be aware of my surroundings and of each person within reach of me. Whenever one of my other brothers are preaching I stand beside them guarding against any possible situations. The same should apply when I am the one on the horn. Though I am confident of diffusing any violent encounters I could encouter, I am also aware of the people that are with me: and I would never put them at risk. I have told my wife and children never to come to my aid and instead keep their distance, if somebody attacked me. Less to worry about for me.


I mostly am aware of the enemy's ploy to disturb the proclamation of the gospel. These minor distractions are of such desperate attempts. It should not sway us in continuing to declare God's truths in momentary situations like these. But there needs to be safety measures, because the days are evil, and is getting worse by the day. The more we persevere in pushing the truth of Christ, the enemy grows weary, and is sure to respond unfavorably. 
 
Photo by Maila

The LORD is our keeper.
We do not fear what man will do to us.

Comments