The LORD's Mercy Endures Forever

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive oil shall fall, and the fields shall yield no meat, the flock shall be cut off from the folds, and there shall be no herd in the stall: yet will I rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
Habakkuk 3:17-18


God is not oblivious to His people's plights, nor is He willing that they tread on weary and unassisted. But He shall send His Angel before them, to be a pillar of cloud by day, and a pillar of fire by night. I believe, and keep mine eyes on the LORD and His great commission, not on my calamity. Great is the LORD who shall deliver me. When I find myself in such a time that my troubles be magnified before mine eyes, doubt not the wisdom of God in the exercising of my faith. Regret does not come from evil befalling us in following the LORD, but in doubting His faithfulness, in forfeiting His mercy. This is His will: His praise in my sanctification, for out of this I shall come out as gold, whether I bury my son, or my son buries me. 

Praise in the midst of suffering is what gives sweet savor to our worship. 

Comments