A Call to Prayer

The story of Moses spending six days waiting on the LORD before finally being granted an audience with the LORD astounds me to no end. Daniel also spent 21 days waiting on his face before God. I wondered what would have happened had he given up on the 20th day? I believe he would have gone on longer until the answer came.

I am grieved to my heart that I cannot understand such intimacy and muster a yearning that rivals such. That I find it so difficult to pray without the flesh clawing immediately at me seconds in to my pleading. How many believers today still cry, 'LORD, teach us to pray"? It is vital to ask if any still realize how sinful prayerlessness is. I am pulled between staying in secret prayer and seeking the kingdom's furtherance in the world, but I set myself painfully to strive for both. I would not want to regret on my deathbed, that I should have prayed more in the days of my health.


Dear LORD, If thou were to grant me one thing of what remains of this my life, I beseech thee in thy mercy, grant me this kindness: teach me to pray.

Comments