Star Mall, Palmera, SJDM Bulacan :: May 21, 2017


After holding House Church we drove out to a local mall a few kilometers from where we lived. I have always imagined myself standing here before, but now it has come to pass. The family team went to their designated positions and handed out tracts while I stood in the middle of the road with the cross - praying repeatedly in silence for the Lord to send just one that evening. After a while he gently told me to change location and walk further up the road. So I did.


It didn't take long for this fellow to cross the street towards me and ask what the cross was about. He asked, "Kuya, para saan yan? Handa saan?" (Brother, what is that for? Ready for what?) I answered, "para sa araw na tatayo ka sa harap ni Lord para managot sa lahat sa buhay mo." (For the day that you will stand before God and give an account for everything in your life.)

That was a good 30 minutes of us talking intently and seriously about salvation and judgement, and what God was offering through his Son. This was that "one" I was asking for. He stared far off as I presented to him Christ's salvation, and the newness of life he offers. I shook his hand after just when a companion called to him from across the street and he said he had to go. He will be an addition to my prayer list of people His name is Fidel.

I stayed for another 15 minutes after that. But inside I was praising God. How good and faithful the Lord is. We went home full of joy and gladness.


Comments