From A Brother In Canada

My friend and brother, Paul Latour, has been tremendously instrumental in providing the extra push I needed towards the direction the Lord has been speaking to me lately. Of all the preaching videos I have watched this past year, their approach both to the necessity and urgency of the Gospel message, and the way it was delivered, was similar to my intentions and so it spoke to me. The Lord settling it in my heart to write them.


This cross was inspired by what they used when bringing the Word to the people. The day following my email exchanges with Paul I was peacefully driving home and the Lord suddenly telling me to pull over to the side to a construction supply, needless to say I bought wood and had it cut. Went home quite excited and I made a copy of their cross but since I had no specs then I ended up with a much larger and heavier plank that's about a foot over. As it turns out it is just right for me, being more clearly seen at night which is mostly when we go out in public.


Brother Paul also sent me a copy of the tract they use. I loved it as it was created to be presented to the people, not copied from an existing source. I was minded not to use Chick tracts, as they had the sinner's prayer at the back so I was waiting on the Lord for directions on what to use - answering my waiting with this.

After translating the content into my dialect I had the tract that I needed. It went through a couple more iterations to suit the Filipino reader's short attention span after that. But the Gospel is now presented clearly in its entirety.

The Lord is indeed gracious.

Brother Paul Latour's ministry is called The Word Street Journal. At the time of this writing they are presently based in Ottawa, Canada. Though I believe they will be moving shortly. Their blog has a permanent link on the side of this blog. Either that or you can click on the link just before this. :)

Comments