During The Extended Herding Exercise

Brother Jordan and I went out early 6:15AM with mixed feelings of fear and excitement not knowing where we will be ministering today. The checkpoints have loosened restrictions and are allowing access to Sta. Maria again. We passed by the military with no hassle. I realized how that I have taken this place for granted in the past, because I felt like greeting everyone I pass by. We parked by the municipal hall in the center of the town proper. There was a large number of people in line going into the government building and it looked like a good place for a pleading. So, as standard practice I went to the nearest precint to ask for permission. We were turned down by the desk officer due to a standing memorandum, (whatever it was), but he did ask that we include him and his team in our prayers instead. 

So going out we spent the next 45 minutes walking under the morning sun trying to see where the Lord would have us stand, and we finally settled at the main street market, right in the middle of stores and stalls owned by Muslims. There was another long line present going into a grocery store in front of us, and so here delivered we, the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Brother Jordan addresses the crowd. 

In the middle of our preaching a man approached us asking what religion are we representing. When we told him we were followers of the Lord Jesus he told us he heard us from afar and stayed to listen. He inquired because he was looking for a church to fellowship with. The previous one he attended was in Manila, and now he's living here in Catmon he was searching for a bible-based gathering. We exchanged pleasantries and encouragements, before giving him a tract so he can contact us. We finished our pleading after another 45 minutes, and we were greatly assisted with power and the word. People were standing listening to the words of truth and life. May the Lord glorify His name. 

After this fruitful time we minded our personal errands since we had to make good of our trip today (Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays only at a set time), and had a long, sweet fellowship together in the park about the Lord's goodness and His church. 

Brother Jordan and I do not expect things to go back to the way they were. On the contrary, we have spent time discussing our preferences on how, given the choice, we should be martyred. A strangely pleasant topic for me to say the least. Such comfort to know the Lord hath given me a fellow soldier who was willing to die for the Lord as I am. It is said that the blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church. I would be honored, afraid yes, but humbled for the privilege to lay my life down for Him who died for me. 

I asked my wife one evening in one of our recent private fellowship: "What if I were an unbeliever, and I told you to momentarily stop having fellowship with the church?" She answered, "then you and I will be divided, and I will risk our marriage in disobeying you for such a thing, because I know now that the Lord is first in my life, but you come a close second, provided you love the Lord as well."

Hearing her answer, I can now die content. 

Comments