Week 1. Day 2.

I can walk without the aid of crutches today but my soles tire easily. Walking zaps me quickly more than pleading with the people. I am pained and humbled in proclaiming the sentences of the Law of God that is impossible with men, yet am also filled with strange joy in courting them with the mercies and goodness of Christ.

We have been commanded to Go therefore and make disciples of all nations. (Matthew 28:19) Indeed, but where is the man who will tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. (Luke 24:49) I truly praise God for bringing me to praying brethren who are fully aware of our poverty of spirit pertaining to the things of the kingdom, but also greatly trust that God hears prayers and will do what is right.

This day some of the vendors showed me familiarity and extra kindness.  After hearing that they were indeed somewhat the forgotten of the lot and of the concern I have that God has remembered them in bringing them the good news, they seem to look my way more often than yesterday. There were some who stared blankly into space, while some listened intently. There was a mother tending to her young child behind me and was my silent audience all the while. Five people took the bibles I offered, while yesterday, seven did. May the LORD give the increase for His cause.

Comments