Short Clip. Week 3.

A rainbow reflecting off God's firmament. Photo by Kenya

I sat for a while in front of the rice store and looked at the unusually thick crowd today and thought to myself, "how do you talk sense to this people? What do I say?" The task is totally impossible. But I serve the God of the impossible. Yet if the Spirit of God will not move and breathe life to these dry bones, no one would be made alive. I have endeared this people to my heart and make it a point to plead for them before God. I know He will reward this weak servant with peace, and I shall behold His glory among the people. I had so many excuses in my head not to go out today. (I am still unable to walk and every step is painful, at least for my right foot. I have an ongoing deadline..) Any reason not to go. It was the flesh talking. But grace would always have me going home after thankful that I went. 

The LORD has given me respect in the eyes of the vendors at this blessed fishing hole. I am now greeted with, "Hello Pastor." I shudder at the title. If they only knew I am as common as the fish they are selling. 

I used to despise this street, but now here I am praying it would please the LORD to allow our pleadings here to continue. A street church of sorts to bring the church out of hiding and offered freely unto the people, because these poor souls have been feeding off the filth of dead religion ..as sheep having no shepherd.(Matthew 9:36 ) 

There is a noticeable change in the demeanor of the usual crowd today compared to the first day: they are now giving me more attention. Many of the mothers leave off talking to each other to listen. One young boy took off his apron and sat on the counter across me and listened till I ended. I now see many faces looking my way. The whole row in front of me who were busy shouting out their wares when I arrived were now silent. For one heavenly hour God has arrested their attention for the law and the gospel's sake. May He be pleased in granting them to see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed. (Isaiah 6:10)

Providence would have it that as I was pleading with the crowd a procession bearing the black Nazarene (one of the many manifestations of Baal worship) passed by. God timed this event while I am here to prove a point to the people. Their god is dead, but Christ is alive and is seated at the right hand of power. This, I believe, helped reinforce the rest of the message delivered.

The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not; They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths. They that make them are like unto them: so is every one that trusteth in them.
Psalm 135:15-18

Comments