When God Closes Doors

Yesterday morning in my devotions, as I was reading the 6th chapter of the book of John, coming upon the 20th verse, I broke down. God came and greatly, yet gently, comforted my distress. We have just come out from under the congregation we were in fellowship with for the last four years, and the only weight I was carrying for the past month was not the opinion of any man against me, but that, was I still in the middle of my Father's will? That very moment, the Lord's words came right out of the page and embraced me with such peace and comfort, "It is I. Do not be afraid."

I have let the enemy weigh me down by holding the door of the past open. God has closed it for me, and is clearly urging me to press on into even greater, deeper, and faithful service. There is much to write about regarding this learning experience, but I now have more to carry with me onward than I have ever had even before I arrived here. God has opened great and clear doors for the furtherance of His kingdom, and he has filled me with even brighter mornings, a newfound increase and abundance of overflowing joy in our home, wider horizons and wisdom in our studies, and a deeper, more profound reverence for His word. 

Further encouragements came in a letter:

True. It was the Father who brought us to you. God has given you such a great privilege, to lead and pastor us. I also realize that part, of attending service just to avoid anybody saying anything, is true. You attend, so we attend. But we tried ignoring what was obvious, everyone was simply content with the program. It is very clear to us what your motives were from day 1. You did not focus on teaching us how to preach. Your main goal was to bring us to the knowledge of our true Father. Thank you for that. It is so rare to get this kind of opportunity. We are so blessed.

The LORD has always been good, is indeed good, and will always be good to me.

Psalm 1:1-3 
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Psalm 27:14 
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. 

Psalm 30:11 
Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; 

Comments