Public Pleading. Fortune market, Marilao.

Journal Entry. 20th of June, 2020.

My steady growing disdain for Facebook came to such a high last week that I once again decided to deactivate it. I have long been wanting to cut off this particular platform and focus instead on Fairsunshine, but my status as admin of our lineage's group held me. Currently, I found another to look after the page, so I will see how long I can hold off logging in before I finally delete the account forever. I learn nothing new from the posts which seem to repeat itself over and over again, it is fast becoming a sort of theological source for most, and a haven for attention seekers and opinionated boastings. Ultimately for me, it is painful to see brethren who should have been lights in the world, being shallow with the world for all to see. A biblical post has almost no weight against a post about something so trivial as an updated profile picture. It is both strange and not, that my unbelieving contacts are the ones who notice my absence, and encourage me instead to come out of seclusion and to continue posting.


I want to be able to experience falling down as dead seeing the glory of God on His throne. Yet I also love the brethren where they are. I am not the standard. Scripture is. But zeal comes in many degrees. Perhaps it is good to have both zeal and weakness, as the LORD looks on both with approval and tender affection.

I also have been of late, struggling if I should continue with the added burden of producing our podcasts. In loving answer to this servant's trouble, my daughter forwarded to me a post made by her friend who praises God for what she learned from listening to the program. To read her reactions and comments, was heartwarming. And in my devotions, the LORD gave me HIS  most precious encouragement.
It is to your advantage, since you made a good start.. both in your giving and you desire to give, to finish what you started, so that just as you wanted to do it eagerly, you can also complete it according to your means. For if the eagerness is present, the gift itself is acceptable according to whatever one has, as the Lord does not expect you to give what you do not have. (2 Corinthians 8:10-12)
God's encouragements are as precious as every answer to prayer.
Praise the LORD for He is good. His mercy endures forever.

Comments