Hand On The Plow

I was asking the LORD for a reward for what I was about to do today. Something I believe without a doubt that He will take pleasure in giving me. Five souls. Five souls that I need not see, but that I was willing to wait till the great day when all will be revealed to see who these five souls were. Five souls that the LORD would call to Himself today. I have never gone out expecting anything from the LORD except for an occasional plea for a little encouragement. But I have resolved to be bold from now on. To ask great things for His name's sake, and for my joy. I was not going out just to plead with people in behalf of God, today I will be pleading with the LORD in behalf of them.

I believe it is a sin of unbelief not to ask or expect great things from God, as much as it is sin to ask presumptuously. And I know my Father delights in giving good things to His children, especially when it is according to His good will.


Things do not always start out well on days that I go out for ministry. I do not feel I should go out, I do not know where to go, and I do not know what to say. Such is my case today. But I was kindling a furnace inside. I knew very well by now that the perfect time to proclaim the gospel in public is when I feel that I should not do so.

God has granted this weakling the grace to open his mouth with the eternal truths of Christ and His cross. The reactions from the people minding their wares inside the stores across the street, the tricycle drivers waiting in line at the terminal beside me, and the passengers waiting in line, were priceless: their backs were turned to me. Yet the employees were staring blank into space. The drivers were refusing to take passengers and sat instead to listen. The passengers who, instead of boarding their rides, also stayed in the line. I have no idea if they were listening. I would rather think they weren't. But it would be the first time I have seen passengers standing doing nothing with a preacher beside them. They were not even holding their phones. They were just either standing or sitting with their backs toward me doing nothing, some with their head down. They may appear to be ignoring me, but I believe they just do not want to appear to be listening. It is a typical Filipino trait, and I understand.

The hour passed like mere minutes. The word flowed in torrents, dictated by divine power, delivered with nary an effort. Sweet to the mouth. Strength to my bones. Joy to my spirit. Even after I arrived home safely.

Comments