Nothing Is Unknown To Him


I have had this for two years now. I reckon that any preacher would know what a bullhorn looks like, i would assume though that only a few would recognize what this is, much less, what it is for.

By no means does this earn me anything, it is rather an outward raiment of an oft disposition; a state of the soul at war with the flesh. My foreboding lack and total helplessness always driving me deeper into the soil of Calvary where the puddle of blood still is. That crimson pool fed by the blood drawn from Emmanuel's veins. I would lay there on the cold floor and would wish to stay forever, afraid of the sin crouching just outside my door. Of a truth, the safest place on this earth is at the foot of the cross. There must be something about those penitent kings of old who would spend long nights and weeks in this. I would lay there till I fall asleep. Never has it been said anywhere that God keeps our preachings inside a bottle, but He keeps our tears. Neither does it say that the preaching of the saints come up to Him as a sweet memorial and a savour, but the prayers of the saints.

Hence, the sackcloth.

Oh, but one might argue, You are being legalistic, tell me, what do you get out of it? Nothing. I get nothing except a sore shoulder and a bad back in the morning. But should I care if get anything out of it? The question is what does He get? He gets me. He gets my soul and spirit. He gets my heart and being. It's what he gets, and not I. People care not to get lost in the fairytale that they ought to benefit from following God, but what has God yet to give that He hasn't given already? Life as a believer, a bestowed privilege and the highest of all earthly honor that riches can never purchase, is one that is giving back to God what this person in his wretchedness has totally denied Him for so long: the glory that He deserves for being God. He delights in me when I delight in worshipping Him. He delights in giving me His strength. He delights in giving me His joy and His peace. He delights in showing me that blessed Salvation that is Christ. With a pure heart and a clear conscience I ache within myself that I may be able to say to Him truthfully, "Nothing on earth I desire but thee alone." But I know that is yet to come. For now I can only wish.

Hence, the sackcloth.

Comments