Recto, Divisoria

Although the past few months have confined me to the house trying to find a means for "tent making" via online jobs, my soul was aching to proclaim the gospel on the streets as I used to. We as a family, have also withdrawn from fellowship for a month so I can reflect more on the gravity and seriousness of speaking in front of the saints, a practice which I would be wise to consider a very grave and solemn matter. I am not a pastor, nor am I educated in the proper means to deliver a sermon, but I would like to believe that, given my lack of knowledge in earthly preparation, I strive towards the filling of the Spirit on my knees instead. 

This day found me walking a kilometer from Soler, Santa Cruz to Tutuban Center in Divisoria. This is the go to place in Manila for everything you need, cheap. In the past, you can barely walk straight on this very street as it was filled with vendors and tents of all sorts, which also made it a breeding ground for all kinds of unlawful delinquents who would prey on unsuspecting victims. Theft and stabbings were common then. The current government has made such a difference.


In the half hour mark of my message a man walked up to me and asked if the bibles I had on the floor were free. I gladly offered him one and he thanked me for it. Another person, a sodomite, also asked for one. I was doubly glad. I have had only a few instances where a homosexual would personally walk up to me to ask for a tract or a bible. May the Lord bless the gospel tracts inside the bibles to awaken them to a sense of desperation and grant them repentance in Christ.


I have asked this particular thing once, but this time I also found myself asking the Lord again as I walked to my spot, if it would please him, to send a person today to encourage me. True enough towards the end of my pleading, a gentleman walked up to shake my hand and exhort me in the work of the Lord. We talked about preaching for about half an hour, after which he offered to buy me food and a drink. His name is Beni. Their group holds a bible study around the Masangkay area and also preaches on Sunday evenings in front of the Japanese garden in Rizal park. I am so thankful that the Lord is very mindful of even the smallest things this most weak servant of His asks.


I was severely dehydrated after standing under the noon day sun for over an hour, and this nourishment came in perfect timing, both for my body and my soul. I bless the Lord.

Comments