Preaching Silently

In anticipation of our funds being cut off this coming July, we invested in a small number of tools that would at least help with our necessities, and at the same time help my fellow soldiers who preach on the streets. I am no stranger to manual labor, being a weldor/fabricator. I miss the grime on my hands and the smell of argon. Not the least bit concerned about titles I do not mind stepping half-way down ladder even to a janitorial or messenger position.


That being said, I find myself in a position to put my God-given skills in digital media to good use for the kingdom. I have personally heard of the testimony of the proprietor of Wear His Word, a Christian shirt company who prints scripture on their wares, and have studied their profile and direction for a bit just to get ideas. It was great to see them where they are now in terms of profit compared to when they first started, resigning from a corporate position, and choosing instead to simply print shirts. Yet..


There are two directions before me. One is to go the wide way and chase profit by printing people friendly verses, that I know adds to the religious, and the already numbed-down professor. The other is to use the medium as a tool to send a most urgent message across, one that is really unpopular, that only the brave would dare wear out in the public, and sacrifice sale and profit.


I believe I should leave the profit up to the Lord and answer the call instead to use whatever I have to make sure the Lord my God is lifted up in every instance and effort. I would rather publish the kingdom by printing convicting messages. These, we can never get enough of. We direly need this heard and brought out, refusing to have one foot in eternity and one foot in the world.




I come across people everyday wearing something that promotes life's non-essentials. Who knows how many professing believers have I passed by on the street unknowingly? How is my Christ communicated to the lost by those who associate with his name?


This is the lonely path of doing business with moral standards. I do not believe the apostle Paul's hand-made tents carried bible verses on them, but he met with people everyday and told everybody of Christ. How many arguments did he have to go through by doing so? Wearing a shirt that shares the human soul's grievous standing with the Lord is the least I can do. 

To be hated of the world, is what every true Christian's good reputation should be.

Comments