Sun And Rain

It was too much of a blessing to have been invited to stand side by side with these warriors. One that I wasn't willing to pass up the opportunity, hence I took the commute once again, braving an hour and a half standing crooked inside the provincial bus headed to the city at 5:30 AM in the morning. Our first stop would be an old haunt, the infamous SM North Metro Rail Transit Station where throngs of people line up to catch the train to work.

Roland preaching to a long line of people.

Brother Roland was already sowing the Word when I arrived, joined shortly by brothers Michael and Manny, a kind soul whom I have met just this day but have closely knit myself to instantly. We took turns speaking to the people, who many as expected just went past as if we weren't there, but with the few who took our tracts, I blessed the Lord within myself in thanksgiving.


I have learned so much already after just an hour with them, my spirit in me rejoicing at the sound of their voices talking about no other subject but the Lord. What contrast to professing church attendees I have conversed with who talk about work, house chores, movies, how unruly their kids were, interests and hobbies; these brethren, as we walked across to where we were to take our ride to our next stop, talked about nothing else but scripture and the goodness of the Lord. What a welcome breath of fresh air.



Brother Roland wasted no time, even redeeming the short ride we had by ministering the Word to the people inside our jeepney. I prayed for anointing for every word he spoke. I was being schooled right before my very eyes, how I wished to have even just an ounce of his spirit of boldness. Most people took a tract, some didn't, but there were thankful passengers. It was a delight to hear their appreciation. The Lord was lifted in the midst of that small company. Going down, there were students gathered at the steps of the Quezon City hall, these also received the Word from the brethren. It seems that everywhere they go, seeds of life were scattered for different soils to receive. I was privileged to share fatherly advice to these Junior students who readily took our tracts as well.

After a bountiful fellowship during meal which was graciously provided by brother Manny, we headed to their preferred spot. Brother Michael went first, easing the people in the benches and delivering the words of life. There wasn't much of a crowd, but one soul is always a big deal, and these were more than enough. As Michael was preaching to the crowd, Roland went to a table of students beside us and talked with them about the Lord. Ah these men, I wished to learn more. May the Lord be pleased to enlarge their ministry.



We feared earlier that it might rain, but the Lord is indeed sovereign, and so it did. I have said that rain is an open air preacher's best friend, and again it showed, confining the people under shelter, we were able to preach the Word unhindered for the better part of the rain, and they were held listening to us. There was nowhere to go in the downpour, and so the good news echoed freely inside the area.

This is Joshua. He sells ice cream. Pushing his cart from Munoz, Project 8 to Quezon City Monument every day just to earn a living. He listened intently beside us as we were ministering, and the brothers were able to talk with him one on one, with Michael opening him to the Gospel at first. I do not wish to tell about Joshua's life more than I should, but I am certain the good seed has been planted in him. We were able to spend a good hour with this young man, leaving him with our numbers, we blessed him with a prayer. If it would please the Lord to let us see the fruits of Joshua's seed, it would be such an occasion to rejoice.


He was more than willing to read the Word in front of the few people in the area. How often would I be witness to such a sight? The Lord was working wonders right in front of me. I tried freezing the moment in my mind as I heard Joshua's little voice reading life into the open air. A little more time spent with him after this, and the rain thinned out enough for us walk to our stop. Seven hours of blessed time spent in the vineyard of the Master. What a privilege.


I pray to work with these brethren again soon. There was no space for idle talk, as it should be. It was all exhortation all throughout. The Lord was tremendously kind to educate me with their presence and zeal. I have awakened to yet another level in my walk, not that I have attained anything of myself, but that I was both encouraged and ministered to. I would readily wash their feet. 


How beautiful are the feet of those who carry the good news of the Lord's salvation.

Comments