Ground Zero

In my 4 A.M. devotions since the beginning of this ministry last April, I have asked repeatedly to be sent like-minded brethren with such zeal for the Lord. Last June during the sodomite march that specific prayer was graciously answered.

Yesterday, driving my wife home from the hospital after consultation for her recurring abdominal pains I received a text message that my brothers were having fellowship near my vicinity! This is very unusual since they live more than 50 miles away. After securing my wife at home I went out to meet them. It turns out I actually live just a kilometer away from a brother. It was refreshing to be in familiar company and to be thoroughly saturated once again with no other subject except the Lord's goodness. There were also various doctrinal exchanges, to which I silently sat there listening with intent. Thank you to brother Marvin for showing us hospitality. After prayer and supplications, we walked the quarter mile to the market.

These are just some of the snapshots of that afternoon's outreach.






Sampol market is a landmark in Sapang Palay, Bulacan. It has grown tremendously from being a muddy wetland to a now bustling center of commerce. With a steady number of land developers planting villages and subdivisions in nearly all available space, this once quiet province is now a major force of more than 20 municipalities. In spite of its rapid progress, the horrors of reality echo silently among its inhabitants, with stories of drug, domestic and child abuse running rampant on a daily basis, the people seem content to be lost in hope. While the local churches remain full, the lives of its blind devotees are as empty as ever. 


I cannot expect God to be fair when the fault lies within us. If ever there was a time when God seem so far away, it is only because we have made the first move away from him. For some brief hours during this day we lit a candle of hope in this truly dark place, where even the youngest of children get pregnant by their own fathers; who knows if God will have mercy and reach down to touch souls? We have robbed him of the glory he deserves for what he has accomplished for us, and so now we wallow in the curse we have brought upon ourselves.

Before I can preach to the people, I must first love the people. Before I can talk to the people about God, I must first talk to God about the people. If we ourselves do not care for the perishing, then why should we expect God to care? While modern Christianity stands still watching the people perish, God wonders at our unbelief.


O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and their children for ever!
Deuteronomy 5:29

Comments