Divine Appointments


I took my wife on a date this afternoon but the rain caught us midway and we were forced to take shelter at a random shop. Out of nowhere came this man, a homosexual, asking for alms. Divine appointments like these are heaven sent gospel opportunities. To give him money so he'd leave me alone is cruel. Filling an empty stomach without giving the gospel is useless, just as giving the gospel to someone hungry is as well. He obviously just wants the money so he can move on. But the poor wretch is in dire peril. I use questions to communicate, instead of presenting statements. He is forced to think to give an answer instead of simply nodding. 

We talked for ten short minutes, and as he was walking away with his prize I am reminded of how helpless I am to turn anyone to Christ. May the gospel he heard be not for his condemnation. I can only witness. It remains solely the work of the Father to turn a soul to Christ. 

Only God can make a Christian. Christ alone saves.

Comments