Journal Entry. Twilight of October 11th. I stood in a place where darkness and light dwelt together. There was no sound, no color, only light. The moment seemed to rob my senses of all that they knew, while at the same time taking in what of this was new, both what to me was known and what to me remained unknown. There was nothing behind, above, nor beneath, only what lay before me in the distance: light. Not light that one sees, but light that one knows. I knew what light was. I knew that it illuminated, and that when it was too bright, I could do nothing but close my eyes. But this was a light I had never experienced. So brilliant, burning brightly, and yet I found peace in looking upon it, in basking in it. I could not understand how a light so bright could be so restful to behold. It was a brightness I could look at and touch and experience, not as I had ever known it before, but in a manner I had never known at all. And here I was, experiencing it. I moved forward w...
Comments
Post a Comment
Be kind. Share your thoughts.