New Grounds

An open door presented itself last week, sovereignly I might add, when Pastor Leonardo Galanza of Center for Biblical Studies Institute and Seminary in Rizal sent me an invite asking if I would be interested to join their classes for this year. But of course, I would love to study! If only to know more of Christ! The one thing that stood in the way was the absence of funds. I appreciated the kind Pastor's invite and thanked him, replying, "I will have to pray about this first," and asked the LORD for provision should it be His will I study. After asking in prayer that Saturday night I submitted my application.

The following morning, while I was thinking about items I could sell for the cost of the class, an email greeted me - money unsolicited came in from the US that covers what I need. I did not tell anyone of my need but the LORD, and in the usual way He sent an instant answer to prayer. This does not surprise me, for the LORD has always answered according to our faith in asking. I have known His gracious hand since the middle of 1994 He has from then on continuously magnified His faithfulness to me. He always gives what I ask in His name for His name, and He all the more gives even that which I have not asked. The LORD has taught me to believe, not in the act of prayer, but in Him. His faithfulness is my forever stay. 

That same day I enrolled in Theology class.

So now on top of my personal book assignments I have added new loads of reading materials concerning my course of study. I am also taking up Pastoral Theology via the Vanguard Presbyterian School of Ministry. Though I believe my calling is not towards the pastoral office but to that of an evangelist, this will be of great aid to me as temporary teaching elder to the saints, till the Lord sends another pastor after His own heart our way. May He give us a praying Pastor with a broken heart and a burden for Christ's glory.

Grace and peace is multiplied through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, (2 Peter 1:2) May this new venture benefit the Lord's flock with good spiritual food bearing vigorous fruit in every good work and praise to His glorious name as they live out Christ in them. May the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto us the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: (Ephesians 1:17)

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 4:6 

Comments