A Very Good Start

This soldier stood visibly shaking. From his hands, to his neck, his shoulders, and his knees, as he read the word of God to the people - for the very first time. My children and I have been communicating closely for the past weeks regarding preaching the word, or in this case, reading the word. They may not be fit for preaching yet, but the word is always ready to be read.


He voluntarily read the scripture list thrice for a good 45 minutes. Drenched in sweat and cramping all over, I asked him afterwards how much of an awakening this is. I reminded him of his request when he first approached me: I want to preach. So now he understands, that he didn't know then how much of a load he was asking for. To preach Christ, one must first know Christ. To preach is far more than the act of pulling words out of a hat, but of pleading the gloryof God, for anointing and the Spirit. It is the Spirit that gives life, inversely, it is the preaching of the letter that kills, and that, we have plenty of.

Before heading home we stopped by the side for an early dinner fellowship, I wanted to make sure if the experience was enough to make him think twice the next time, and so I asked him if he would do it again. 

"Yes, I would." He answered. I praised God.
 

Comments