Friday At Karuhatan, Valenzuela

It has always been standard procedure for me to first ask permission from any nearby authority before standing up to proclaim the gospel. This particular episode is no different from other times, except that I asked twice from different personnel around the area and was allowed to proceed, only to be opposed midway by a different personnel, who told me sternly to climb down at once. God being sovereign, I complied, thanking the LORD in my mind that at least I was not told to cease from preaching.


Elevation in my opinion is an advantage on many points, of which I will not elaborate here. But I maintain that on every occasion I make it a point to search out where I might be able to stand above the crowd to proclaim. This one time, since the preaching has already been disturbed, to argue would be foolish, and would strip away the integrity of the preaching. In all instances of any disturbance, the preaching of the gospel is the priority.

Also I prayed for God to send people who would inquire, and He most graciously did. Twice the brothers were able to present the gospel to both individuals.


It would be foolish to presume we have not accomplished anything from our labors, though we have seemingly few contact; but God always ensures that some unseen audience is hearing the gospel. Once in a while during delivery I can see people standing from far away looking towards our direction, and not only them, but the vendors who have stalls all around us are witness from start to end. I will settle for that. God be gracious to them. My brothers and I stood for 3 hours and preached till evening, had short fellowship, before heading home. The LORD is good. Amen.

Comments