An Excuse For The Gospel


Every chance to go out, especially at this time when the whole of the city of Bulacan is on lockdown, is a good excuse to bring the gospel along with me. This errand which took me over three hours to complete was one such instance. The remittance center I was directed to go to, had a line, but each person took more than 10 minutes per transaction, and by 12 noon has depleted its money supply, as those cashing out were more in number than those sending money, and was forced to turn away customers till the next day. I was second to the last before they cut the line. I fell in line before 10AM and was out of there around 12:15PM. It is now prohibited to cross over to the next town proper and we are strongly advised to find our means inside our own city. I had to ride to McArthur Highway to find a bank but all the automatic teller machines I passed by were offline, so I drove back home before the curfew ended.




This particular fellow read the whole thing intently. I later overheard him saying he was attending a born-again church with friends. The lesbian he was talking to behind me in the line referred to him as "bakla" (sodomite). May the LORD grant him mercy and open his person to the light of the gospel of Christ.


It is always heartbreaking to see the good news being despised as trash. I pity that soul greatly. These aren't wasted tracts, but terrifying testimonies against the people who threw them away. The day will come, sadly, when people will regret such impudence against the holiness of God. I left these on the shelf, hoping they were meant for someone else.


Comments