New Grounds

Fear and apprehensions once again. As always I relied solely on the Lord's grace to be able to stand this morning at the intersection of EDSA and Taft Avenue. Spent an hour pleading with the people for their souls and trusting on the Lord for that one soul He should get for himself. Before coming here I myself pleaded with the Lord for one soul. I did not have to know, but that he would be pleased to save one soul for himself this morning.


The first spot I took was at the corner of Evangelista Street but I took another ride and instead landed here; this place did not enter my mind this morning. Since there was a rate of probably more than a thousand people every thirty minutes walking past me, but I knew I was already late for the morning rush and these are merely trickles compared to the crowd that converges here to take the train to the city. How much more could have heard and gotten the Gospel had I been here earlier. 



The people were hurrying past me to get to the trains so I realized my audience would be the vendors and police officers surrounding my spot, plus the line of passengers waiting in line in front of me.


I am judging my work not by the amount of people who did hear, but by the amount of people who did not hear, or have yet to hear. I realize that my life was to end knowing there will still be much to do for the kingdom. May the Lord raise up more laborers to send out to the field. My heart bleeds for my own people, most specially for the name of the Lord.


A man even wanted to hand me money, I politely refused, and reminded him never to give money to preachers on the street. As I was walking back I noticed a crumpled tract on the street. I thought to myself, "you have served your purpose well, friend. One day you will witness against the person who discarded you."  May the Lord have mercy on that soul.


Rise up dear Christian. Believe on the Lord. Taking part in the great commission is one of the highest privileges we can ever receive. Do not let the fear of man stop you. Do not let embarrassment and shame overcome our Christ. He died for you, and unless you do so to your SELF, he can never continue his life in you. Deny yourself of your SELF and let CHRIST fill you and live in you for He is worthy. There can be no crown for you in heaven without a cross on your shoulders here. I am not better because I do so, I do this because I am nothing else but grateful.

Comments