Priorities

I did not wish to attend our company's year end Christmas party, so I shut my phone off and spent the afternoon in prayer instead from 1 till 430 P.M. afterwhich I suddenly felt that I had to go out and minister again at Muzon ( that place where I said I would not go back to ). I did not even bother asking my wife, who was at the market at that time, I had fire in my belly that I knew cannot be put out apart from  heeding its urgency.

It was the Lord's plan that my wife caught up with me as I was on my way out. Two is always better than one when it comes to street ministry. I am continuously thankful that she has the heart for it. And so we went, half wondering why the Lord brought me out late on a Monday afternoon to this place that I said to myself I would not go back to.

While we were distributing our tracts this man beside where I was told to stand asked for one and read it close to me. A few moments later he started asking me questions about what the tract said. He didn't agree with some points in it, mainly about how one man can pay the penalty for sin. I did not ask if he was a Mohammedan or Catholic, but he did ask that one question almost all Muslims ask: "Where in the bible did Jesus say he was God?"


I quickly prayed for wisdom, guidance, patience and compassion, and proceeded to answer his questions by asking him questions that forced him to answer himself. It helps tremendously when the person realizes the answer by himself. He was not debating me, but he was sincerely seeking answers and asking really good questions. He seemed amazed that I did not represent a pastor or a congregation or a recognized church establishment. We talked  for more than thirty minutes, clearing up the legalities of eating pork, comparing the old testament and the new, and how Christ was indeed God himself who became flesh, and is the Savior of all who will believe.


I did not wish to be distracted from the work we were there for so after a respectful exchange I excused myself and went over to where my wife was across the street, who by this time had finished handing out all her tracts and had already set the cross up. I stepped up the plastic stool we brought (our public pulpit), prayed for the Lord to come down for his name's sake, and preached while she held the cross beside me.


After pleading with the crowd for 45 minutes we ended the night by distributing our remaining stacks of Tagalog bibles free to passersby. Our first eager recipient was a homosexual, I was only too pleased to part with the bible which had a tract inside as well. May the Lord be pleased to have it bear fruit for his glory.


Comments