July Prelude :: Two

From my journal entry, afternoon of Tuesday, July 4, 2017.

Halfway through this good book I am reading, I am fully convinced that God hath little use for one who is only half given to the work of the Lord. Not that it is sin to work to provide for family, but that so long as a man is employed in a profession wholly opposed to the Spirit of God such as I am in, even if it is for the welfare of his bodily needs, he can only at best wish to partake in the fields of the most High God.

How I yearn, and that is my only consolation, to be sent to the Master's vineyard. That at least there is but a few to none that covet with a searching heart to proclaim the salvation of God, and that He would still have use for me. But I fear yearning does me no good, except there be a definite separation between what I presently do and what the Lord would have me do, as there was for Barnabas and Paul. I do not wish to be a shadow on the sidewalk lifting my voice while none take notice, but should the Lord count my 'self' worthy to die for the cause of the Gospel then he must also be pleased to send me out in power and divine conviction amongst the hearers as well.

Are the times really that opposed to the Spirit of God that they should not hear? Or are the preachers really lacking the zeal of seeking God worthy in moving his hand? The Lord’s hand is not shortened that it cannot save, and so the weak link rests not on the hardened hearts of the sinners, nor on the power of God, but on the coldness of his workers who waste their energies away wallowing in carnality, engaging in worldly affairs, behaving like bratty little children in their petty arguments and needless quarrels over doctrine, therewith being overly censorious and critical of the brotherhood of believers who, just as they, are employed in the Master's vineyard first and foremost to be faithful witnesses of his mercy and grace.

Comments