Nine Thousand Steps

I found myself at this stop at the corner of Taft and Vito Cruz on my way home on the commute. I opted to take the bus and train to work yesterday, first, because my coding day falls on a Friday, and second, it is a good excuse to minister along the way. I may do this on a regular basis and simply walk to where people are, since the tracts I had just flew off my hands and were gone in the first half and two kilometers, I found that people minding their stalls on the sidewalks tend to receive more readily than those who are merely passing by or walking. I get the benefit of both worlds, one advances the Kingdom, the other benefits my health. 9,898 steps.

After securing permission from the enforcers present I went up to my pulpit.


This particular intersection is perfect since the stoplights for both vehicles and pedestrians are mostly red at length, those in the cars got to hear portions of the Gospel as well, the same with the people waiting for the light to turn green to cross. Not a lot of students today, but people needing the good news are plenty, there is never any shortage. Pedicabs, traffic enforcers, pedestrians, vendors, even those dining inside the establishments received the good rain of the gospel. May the Lord send more workers into his harvest. To think I have wasted so much time in apathy thinking myself to be Christian but could not care less about Christ's kingdom or the lost. Such selfishness and ingratitude! Woe is me if I do not preach the Gospel!




The downside of commuting is the horrendous traffic along my route. I arrived home after more than 4 hours, past 8:30 PM to a safe and happy family. I always rejoice and give thanks whenever my house comes into view as I walk or drive inside our village. Every safe turn of the wheel is by grace. Every safe journey home is answered prayer. Every hug I get when I arrive home is a gift.


May the good Lord bless each person's home who have heard the salvation of The Lord Jesus Christ and read the tract. May I be strengthened to stand in the gap for them in unfailing intercession.

Comments