Church Polity And More - Ryan Denton Interview on Spotify

Father led me to Brother Ryan Denton, and in turn, led me to the praying brothers and sisters of Grace Covenant Reformed Church. It is clear as day.

This is not to deprecate or look down upon the faith and conviction of brethren in Christ who were "raised" to believe differently. I thank the LORD for His Sovereign hand in my affairs. The enemy meant it for evil, but God meant it for good (Genesis 15:20). My motive is never to divide but to emphasize the distinctions in church government and polity. 

The absence of accountability in churches run by a single pastor is severely open to error and abuse, whether by overzealousness or lack thereof. It has led to unnecessary hurt and even hostilities between people who are supposed to love one another. Despite the command, the "gang" mentality still holds sway as personality overshadows Christ-like love. Coming from two downcast but God-sent experiences that opened my eyes to this crucial issue, Presbyterianism embodied the idea I wanted to define for the word accountability but had no name for.

Buy Ryan Denton's books on Amazon

Comments