New Souls

The LORD continues to bless His work with fruit, deepening, realizations, failings and comforting, needs and answers, and standing firm against the world, the flesh, and the devil. The Word furthers its work in the souls that the LORD has drawn to Himself.

The Father's hand is clearly evident in the work. In order to keep me low and from being puffed up He has made me of no reputation and an object of ridicule even amongst professors of Christ, rejected for having no credentials, no seminary education, and presently no church affiliation though I have faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

I am called a madman by those who claim the office of enlightening the people who are in darkness. They are more contemptible than ordinary business men, who, when they see another doing better business, try to imitate his methods. What have I taken from them or what have I gained? Their churches are fuller and they are revered more than before. I love the religion but I must despise these niggardly professors. Do I fear their rage? What can they set against me, except that I have endeavored to do good and that God has followed my efforts with His blessing.

Howell Harris

One of the newly baptized who recently got a job narrated to me: I need work. But I will not exchange the LORD's Sabbath for work. I asked if I can be granted a Sunday off, but the policy in the new location was day-offs are only granted Monday to Thursday. I will leave if they will force me to work on the LORD's day.

These are the LORD's words of encouragement to me. To hear these stand on the Lord in spite of direly needing work, is more than enough to lift my spirit in praise for His name.

Comments