Evening Fellowship

The LORD hath given me a great privilege to exhort the brethren in a short message exalting the simplicity of Christ's person, being invited 31 kilometers one way to an informal gathering at dear brother Warren's blessed home along with his beloved wife Angel and a few of the close friends of Puritan Project Philippines. I was honored to have met these souls tonight.

At a time when God seems to withdraw His presence, I look only to His faithfulness, not to my limited understanding. My mind unmoved upon Christ's redemptive work despite man's censorious idiocy. God was mindful to send me the comfort I much needed in fellowship with fellow-lovers of the LORD void of obligations, united only by Christ's truth and burden, and not by rules. I am beginning to see a much clearer picture of what "Christianity professed" today: humanism hiding behind a facade of piety. What used to be the shining gems and jewels of Christ's regenerative work now deliberately overshadowed by intellectualism, deceiving the complacent, if it were possible, the very elect. But God has reserved for Him souls who have not bowed the knee to the Baal of religion now masquerading vicariously as theology. 

What then? Should we then refrain from theology? God forbid no. It is a gift from God Himself that we should know Him. Yet we should refrain from putting it on a pedestal, worshiping the idea of Christ, and not the person of Christ. In pursuing the idea of Christ, love, compassion, and mercy is left outside the walls. The modern church has left becoming the Samaritan, now passing by the other side instead, disgusted at everyone who fears God but disagrees with it, much like the sodomite agenda they criticize, with the same heart of stone as that of the religious institution that murdered thousands upon thousands of their brothers and sisters just a few centuries ago.

"I desire theology and sacrifice."
"By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you hold many conferences about me."
A dear soul once remarked sarcastically against someone who was patronizing intellectual theology, "Yes, God said, You shall love the LORD your God with all your mind, all your mind, and all your mind."

A voice from my childhood days echo in my thoughts as I write this, "Go home and worship me in any cloth, for I was never tailor-made. Who told you I was? Who gave you the right to think it? Shame on you for converting me into a bullet, and shooting me into men's hearts."

The LORD knows to preserve those who are His. Whose minds are full of Christ, not mere intellect. May He raise up praying broken laborers with burdens, a new and different breed separate from the now superficial laborers with self-promotional yearnings.

Comments