This Afternoon

It was of the LORD's providence that my dear wife could not be with us today for ministry after suffering a fall at home which left her incapacitated for two days, this being the third. We have learned to praise God in every instance most especially in unfavorable incidents believing that it is through trials and temptations that our graces are enlarged and strengthened, as crosses become more glorious when Father sovereignly adds greater weight, if only to show us His mighty hand at work.

If grace is a mighty gift from heaven, temptations are also as precious gifts that grow our graces. It is the greatest of all glories to glory in the LORD. The grace that is tried is that faith that comes out as gold. If I were to rejoice if much gold were to be given me, then I should rejoice to have much affliction to try my graces.


Comments