Unworthy For Ministry

I have learned in the distant past to settle it once and forever in my mind, that I was never and will never be worthy to become a herald of the glorious gospel. There are many days that the urge to go out is so strong, and there are also many days when the flesh does not feel like it. Compliance does not rest on the capacity of the servant but on the urgency and gravity of the command. Do I love doing this? With all my soul, yes. Do I always feel up to it? With all my heart, no. Does that mean I am therefore forced to do it? No. God is witness to my answer. What does serving a good God make me? Serving him makes me a highly privileged and thankful servant.

I ask only that Father grant me the power to show how beautiful Christ is to everyone He sends me in the simplest but most radiant way I am enabled to. To prepare the saints for death is to have them fall deeply in love with Christ. Perfect love erases all fears. There is no fear of death for the one who loves.

What I have been called above all else is to love God and worship Him with utmost joy and pleasure. There is no street preaching in heaven but there will be worshiping everywhere there. I will never have fleshly mood swings because the joy of His presence will be at peak endlessly. I will never need to read the word again there because I will finally see Him face to face.

Someday, when in the presence of our Savior, we will thank Him for every burden, every trial, and every heartache.
J. Vernon McGee

Comments