While There Is Time

John 9:4 
I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night comes, when no man can work.

We have been led to focus our biblical studies in instilling the grave seriousness of the gospel in the mindset of the class, and encouraging everyone towards actual practical application in the real world. Not for spur of the moment outreaches borne out of the need for human applause, like vapors that preach today and are silent tomorrow, but a life worthy of godly recommendation from the heavens. To be doers, not simply hearers. To obey, not simply to affirm. To be separate from dead religion. And if need be offer our lives literally as sacrifices on the altar for Christ's great cause. To remain amazed and awed every single day at God's wondrous grace and salvation. The opportunity to work in the vineyard will not always remain open at our discretion. To despise it, is to take God Himself in vain.

Psalm 71:16-18 
With the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone. O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come.

Comments