Bagong Silang

Caloocan border. This is a heavily congested place. The authorities were very stern in turning away everyone who was not scheduled to do their market today. There was a military presence on every corner. I noticed all the people had their large tags visibly dangling for ready inspection. So I asked the fellow beside me if the quarantine pass was needed. "Of course. They take anyone who has no pass immediately to the precinct." Upon hearing this I realized I may have been the only one there who had no pass. I felt special.


Having walked around the place as I gave away tracts even to the military and the authorities, I came back to where I parked close by. It doesn't look like distancing was enforced, you just need to have the face props. I approached the enforcers and politely asked the team leader if it was possible for me to read the bible on the corner without having a pass. Mumbling something incoherent about having no quarantine pass as illegal, he then pointed me to the exact spot where I was planning to stand. Without asking any further questions, I did. There I stood freely, while right in front of me the people were strictly being policed. I felt special indeed. 

I only noticed one person standing across the corner from me from start to finish. To everyone else, I was part of the mundane noise. The mobile units passed by me twice, looking out for violators of the "no quarantine pass" law. They looked at me each time. Nothing. As a matter of fact, nobody paid any attention. They were all busy hurrying about. Such is the plight of all who are in bondage to the power of the god of this world, whose desires are no different from the evil one who holds them bound in his snare.
 
Man may follow the devil ignorantly, but he follows him willingly. The man outside of Christ is not only an accomplice to the devil, they both approve of each other. They both seek their own desires. They both share the same corrupted nature. They are both bent and crooked. They both love that which is evil. They are both followed by death. They both hate God. They are both enemies of God. In preaching to men, it is good practice to view each face as the face of an elect. Hence, the command: love your enemies. Because the seeming enemy who does you hurt today may be the faithful brother you embrace tomorrow. It is not for us to differentiate, but to faithfully proclaim the law and the gospel.



 

Comments