Back Post

This is a back-post from my Instagram account. A short recap of what caused my present limp that I so thank God for. The present difficulty in walking adds to the perseverance of the spirit in the service of my Lord.


Last Dec 20 I sliced my legs in three places with the grinder, a tool that I've been using for a very long time. But on that day, I held it wrong, I positioned myself wrong, and I placed my material wrong. The power tool snagged and flew off my hand to my legs opening up a 5 inch long 3-inch wide gash on the inside of the right knee that reached the bone. It bounced to the left leg and opened a similar deep gash near the ankle, bounced again to my right foot slicing the inside sole, before unplugging itself and resting about two feet away from me. This is the beast that was on it. If you notice three of the carbide teeth are missing.

God has sovereignly allowed me to rest this month because of it. And it has opened a tremendous opportunity for deeper examination, study, and solitude. A treasure that I wouldn't have, had I continued in good health. Pains have a way of teaching us things we wouldn't have learned otherwise. It was no accident, it was clearly God's hand and I welcome it with open arms. I make my boast in my God who is sovereign in ALL things.

At the moment I am immobile yet Father saw to it that the house construction continues even without me. God has proven a long time ago that He can take care of my family more than I can ever could in my lifetime. He gives to His beloved even in their rest.

The things I should be thankful for in my momentary affliction far outweigh the discomforts I presently have. All things happen for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose.

Comments