Steady Build

The wall was not in the plan but due to the neighborhood children playing incessantly inside the grounds even while we're building, it was necessary for their safety to build it anyway. This set us back a month from the scheduled build and took away a considerable amount from the budget, but by Father's providence, it gave me time to revise crucial design flaws on the structure and further strengthen it.


It is one thing to see this on the screen again and again, but when it was finally lifted up to its place I fell in awe of the Lord's goodness. It stood at over 10 feet, and once finished the structure will be around 12 feet tall - from the floor. From the ground well over 15 feet. I was just humbled by what God had allowed me to make. I have been customizing every interest I had. Only a few things I have owned remained stock, I just had to make it mine by personalizing it. But I never thought the list would include our house.


We spent our very first night here, literally sleeping under the stars. Being woken up by light rain around 3AM was a blessing. There is still a lot more to do before our December deadline. We leave it all to Father. We are now building well outside our means to do so, and that includes the skills necessary to accomplish the task, but God is always faithful to provide for this weak servant.


I have questioned my motives for building a house for myself a number of times in between. I have always believed we would only be renting till I grow old, or until God says otherwise, but the more He gives me favor with my new neighbors the more I am seeing this is where I need to minister for this part of my life. A somewhat 'temporary' shelter is necessary. There are a good number of different denominations around the village just on the other side of our wall, but I say this to the shame of those churches and sadly, even the one I fellowship with, not one professing believer has even attempted to reach out to the people here.

Unsolicited money has come in for the purchase of the land. It has been given to us. A house has been provided. But my even greater need is God's favorable hand that He be pleased to allow us to lift up Christ in this place.

Comments