A Great Honor

It was a busy week for the church body I fellowship with, having to attend to a schedule with visiting brethren from the United States who are coming in to see what the Lord has done through the generosity of saints from abroad. Yet not to sound ungrateful, my heart is not in pleasing people, but in ministering to my Lord. I did not participate in the church activities in anticipation of the arrival of one of the least of God's saints, a seeking brother whom I recently met last week. He came home because his mother, a beloved saint of the Lord is sick.


This has been one of the greatest privileges God has granted me in my life. Well worth traveling for four hours to see this brother whom I've never met, to meet his dear sister, and to be with them at this trying time. But most importantly: to hold the hand, and look into the gentle eyes, of this sickly but dear saint, who grows weaker by the day. She came to know the Lord even before she married, in a land one would least expect it. I rejoice in that thought alone.

I have been highly honored to minister to her children at this solemn time as my heart was drawn irresistibly to them with much affection as we spoke about Christ and the gospel for three hours. I can only wish to have gazed more at her hand and imagine the stories in every crease. How she must have prayed for her husband, and dear children, for them to have loved each other this much. This blessed brother is thirsty for the Lord. May the Lord keep him in lack, and find his continual filling only in Christ. My soul is knit to them from hereon.

I am in awe. What indescribable love has God granted to His saints? Such high honor to visit the least of His brethren, such entitlement in ministering to Him.

Comments