Our Biggest Build Yet

After over a month of working at home as a recluse, the design for the house I am planning to build is nearly complete. I just have to add some few outside supports for proving the roof against typhoons. The design has also undergone simulation against earthquakes. But our real security rests in our God, who does as He pleases.


Budget constraints have knocked our previous shipping container plans to using just lumber. My years in skateboarding building halfpipes from scratch have been put to good use. I have also anticipated and included space for prayer gatherings and overnight prayer watches with the brethren.


There were issues regarding the land Father gave us, but we decided to proceed with the build instead and leave the outcome to God. We will pray in faith and prepare the soil to receive the answer to that faith. If the day should come that the government would tear the house down, then I leave everything to the Lord. I have nothing to be anxious about. Much greater glory will be rendered to the Lord this way. In my journal I wrote down the reasons as to why I should go ahead with building our home in spite of the impending relocations that were rumored to be underway that may or may not include our lot, one of which was the love and desire God hath put into my heart for the people and the place. It is no beautiful flower garden, our lot. But I already treasure the people in it. This comes from God alone. I know my previous self will not even think of living here, but now I cannot wait to labor among the people. There is a priceless treasure in this field, and I am leaving everything behind so I can purchase it.

We presently cannot find help in doing the cement posts, but once Father has answered and the foundation is laid, my son and I will build the rest from the ground up. I am no carpenter, merely a tinkerer. But I can build things, be it metal or wood. Father has in His providence provided me with enough knowledge during my years building large wooden structures and fabricating motorcycle choppers. I am even amused to know how it interests me to build my own septic system. God has given me good working hands. He also gave us favor in the sight of our landlord, in that he has graciously allowed us to live in our rented house till December, giving us ample time to build. But I also cannot find work till after I finish this. This September will mark one year since I left the comforts of a stable paycheck. Father has been so gracious in continuing to provide for us without us asking or telling anyone about our needs, at the same time allowing us to minister to the needs of the saints.

We currently have less than half of what is needed for this particular build. Our daily funds are nearly depleted. But Father will provide the means, as He did the overflowing joy and gladness we already received from Him, and can barely contain.

Comments