Their Pride And Ours

Every month is nothing special to me. For a long time now I have not observed or celebrated my birthday, nor my wife's or children's. Not even Christmas. From the day I realized what the Lord has done for me every day has been thanksgiving day. I have begun to question my motives regarding public ministry lately, choosing at times to go out without the camera, to see for myself if I can wholeheartedly minister even without an audience. 
 
It seems that nowadays, even preachers want everybody else to know what they do. Do some go out for the sake of posting content? I wouldn't know and I do not think anyone would admit to doing so. I was reminded to continue recording simply for documentation and safety purposes. So I have slowly stepped away from publicizing the ministry's movements since last month. Save for sharing an occasional insight or two on Facebook, I've resorted to other networking apps where I don't have many followers, therefore I am still able to document things without the risk of being proud, and leave a crumb trail for my children to pick up long after I am gone.


So this month, being the month of celebrating the sin of pride, is nothing special. I am not obligated to join in the fray so to speak, of taking advantage of a most unfortunate event. This is not my calling. Looking back, last year's pride event was a most vicious experience. Too many things weren't done in the spirit of Christ-likeness. It was a heavy sight. I could not speak from too much grief at what I was seeing from the crowd, and hearing from the preachers. In their zeal they have forgotten that they are no better. These rebels do not deserve the blood of Christ yes, but neither do any of the saved.

I am still waiting on the Lord if I should go to the event this month; an invitation for local preachers have already been circulating. Yet these aren't the only fish, and this is not the only instance. I have embraced a homosexual man at another time in another instance and he was more than grateful for the tract, the gospel, and the fear he never knew, should he face the Lord. I told him I loved him with a desperate plea for him to seek the Lord. He appreciated the kind gesture. I wanted to win the man, to win his soul. Not the argument.

I will then, if the Lord restrains me, lay before Him grieving instead. I am jealous for the Lord's glory He should be getting from these souls. He deserves the glory He demands. Yes we are to preach, but we are to preach in grief and brokenness, and a longing for the Lord to save the souls of his elect. If we do not, we are reduced to being mere activists. That is not what the blood of Christ was shed for.

Comments

  1. I completely understand brother, nevertheless, let me say, although in my early zeal for the Lord I ignorantly open-air preached (a woman should never preach according to the scriptures), there were plenty of times I (and I’m sure many others) learned from fishers of men and women Who witnessed one-to-one that would post on social media to teach, learn and encourage those burdened for the lost.
    I only know through my co-workers how densely populated the big cities are in the Philippines. Perhaps, a man or woman seeing your posts might be lead and burdened to declare the Good News. God works even through this venue.

    May the Holy Spirit continually guide you.
    ~dede

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment