Rizal Park, Luneta, Manila. April 9, 2017



Stood at this park as my very first public testimony, being restless the whole of that morning and the Lord was very much pushing me to go stand at this place. I tried arguing with myself if I did hear the Lord right but later confessed that I was just trying to find an excuse not to go. After announcing to the family and preparation we drove out. This park is more than 35 miles away. Traffic would prove to be horrendous. We arrived safely past 6PM.

Rizal Park is a major landmark in the City of Manila, Philippines. People gather here to enjoy time with their families, see the light and fire show and listen to live orchestra. Its notoriety for being a place where philosophers flock argue about religion goes way back.

I was met with much resistance. Needless to say, devils do come out when the true gospel is proclaimed, and the Lord sealed his approval by sending these people to revile the truth being spoken. Much of the message was drowned out by the background noise and music and our phone kept dying, but I was given the grace to declare repentance, man's depravity, and God's redemption through the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The video doesn't show it, but there are people who listened intently until the end despite the hecklers being brutes. The purpose of this stand is to deliver the message of salvation and witness, not debate anybody. Seeds have been sown, may the Lord shower his mercy upon them.

I am speaking in my language here. I will try to put subtitles on the succeeding ones.

May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward for His suffering.

Comments