Starting Over

My last blog post from my recently deleted blog set was way back 2011. This was from the then famous onewayride, my blog about my "infamous" career as a biker,

A lot has happened since. Mostly centering around 2014. I'll try to dump everything here from my personal phone diary as I go along. If you're wondering about the weird blog title, it was lifted from a book by Jock Purves, close friend of Leonard Ravenhill, which documents the lives of the Scottish covenanters. It left a profound impact on me. I highly recommend this book.

Here is an update of my personal description so far, for most of you I've worked with and know but have really no idea who I am or where I am coming from:

Raised a Catholic, lived like a demon for 24 years. Became a Christian, lived like a hypocrite for 19 years. Finally found by Christ, convicted, saved, died to self, regenerated and renewed, washed in the blood of the Lamb, passed from death unto life. Currently being sanctified. Soon to be justified.

I have erased all my previous content containing my personal interests, accomplishments, work, whims and fancies - and have replaced it with what it contains presently. My goal in posting is to call out, encourage, embolden the sleeping Christians hiding their heads in the sand - of whom I once was - to the need and urgency of placing the light entrusted to us on the lampstand instead of under a bushel. Christianity was never meant to be hidden inside the walls of a comfortable and safe building, but it was meant to be proclaimed upon the house tops, in the marketplace, on the streets, on the highways and hedges.

The goal of our preaching is not to tell selfish sinners of God's wonderful plan for their lives, but of God's terrible wrath which he promised towards the sons of disobedience. We do not ask people to come to God so he can bless them, or that they will get something out of him, we tell people to come to God for mercy because of the severe crimes they have committed against him. Man is a self-idolater, and he has removed God out of his life and replaced Him with himself as god.

We preach much law and little grace against the sinner, until the law has finally done its good work in separating soul and spirit, convicting him of his sin and rebellion against God. Until the Spirit breaks up the fallow ground of the hardened heart. Until it is fit to receive the good news. Until the sinner, convinced of his offences, cries out to God in repentance. Until God grants forgiveness. Until Christ becomes his salvation. In doing so we expect to be partakers of the suffering of the cross of Christ.

The chief end of our preaching is not for the sinner to be saved, or that we may be elevated, or that we may be blessed. None of these, but it is solely this: that the Lord Jesus Christ might be glorified above all.

He alone deserves the sinner for whom he died.
He alone deserves the life of the person he has redeemed.
He alone deserves the reward for his suffering.
He alone will judge the living and the dead.

Comments