After War


 
It was strongly impressed upon me to come along with my wife and 3 daughters early today in ministry at their usual fishing hole. A mixed crowd of willing listeners pretending not to listen, and visibly irked despisers of truth. Personally I was amused at two Muslims who reacted not so gently at the Spirit's pointed rebuke of religion and their false prophet. The atmosphere was growing thicker by the minute, with the Spirit opening fresh convicting wounds, but I was tremendously assisted with power in wielding the sword of the word. Heartwarming short encounters followed after we parted ways for our after work chores, as me and the little one walked back to where we were parked. I thank the LORD for adding more stories to our growing bank of memories in serving Him in the public square. We bought breakfast for the both of us and found this beautiful spot under the bridge to sit and enjoy a short howbeit sweet fellowship together.


 
It is awesome to note that this whole space under the bridge up to just beneath its supports disappear underwater whenever a storm hits. I cannot imagine what the families go through then, and even on a daily basis. Spotting a makeshift shanty nested stubbornly in between the bridge's underside clinging on a steep incline, I watched as a family moved about nonchalantly. Unmindful of the precarious position they're in. 


It brings that powerful sermon of Jonathan Edwards to mind how rebellious men's feet shall slide in due time for their walking in slippery steep places as the LORD recompenses them for their deeds.
To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.
Deuteronomy 32:35

 
It was a complete breath of fresh air from my monotonous month to have spent time at war with my family again. More so with the calmness that followed in enjoying a meal with my daughter beside this riverside. I closed my eyes in thanksgiving. How many fathers have been greatly blessed as I have been? To have been born in darkness and now sit in the light of Father's beauty? 


 
When I place my life at the backdrop of God's goodness I can clearly see how few and evil my days have been, and how great and vast Father's grace and mercy is.

Comments