The Rescue Shop

A dear brother and I wished two days ago to publicly proclaim Christ at my fishing hole in Plaza Rueda. The events on the morning of that Tuesday will I reserve for another post, to wait on the Lord for what transpires after a lengthy talk with a lost and angry soul who chased after me with a lot of hard questions when he read the words, "God is good." on our tract. The Lord was pleased to finally free this man from years of bitterness against God and his family after he heard the truth about who he is before a holy God, and what God, through His Son, had done for him. After I invited him for lunch and he shared more details about his present predicament, he went out in joy to tell more of his friends, with an invitation for me to come back and tell them about the Savior.

After this particular meal we gave away tracts at the nearby park where scores of families and touring groups were. When we spent our supplies after an hour we went about to look for a security enforcer to ask permission from to preach but saw none. As my practice was, if I cannot find any authority to ask from I do not push through. I do not want to be unknowingly breaching any governing rule concerning places I am not familiar with. We were led instead to my fishing hole in Vito Cruz, about five kilometers out.


Brother Jordan and I each proclaimed the Gospel for a good hour and a half. There was an unusual traffic buildup right in front us the whole time, and a lot of people were passing by, given that this day is a special holiday, but it was still congested. The Lord perhaps bringing whom he wills before us. Police at the station within earshot were listening at their doorway, the baranggay tanods were standing to hear, people stopped to listen and a lady inquired about the preaching. Even an expensive funeral procession with a long line of cars became an occasion to emphasize how fleeting life really is. We gave away free bibles to willing takers. After this headed back to our first stop at UN Avenue station.


This is Arman. He sleeps beside a food establishment at the train station. We bought him water supplies and a bit of food, then took a chance to ask him if he knew who Jesus was and he surprised us by taking out his own bible. Such a humble soul, simple in his fragile faith in the Son of God without any complicated nuances most professors have. We gave him a bible that he'll surely appreciate since it has bigger letters than the one he has. He knew John 3:16 by heart. The Lord is comfort indeed to the meek of the earth.

The late afternoon closed after we parted with Arman, the children running after our vehicle waving till we couldn't see them anymore. The morning carried most of the story of the day, but I will write about it when I get to see the man again. We waited for him to return until it rained heavy, so we decided to head on home and return at another time.


Was assisted mightily by the LORD in His Spirit to preach the word with authority and power, my voice ever increasing unto the end. May the LORD be pleased to bring in the increase to His kingdom. I thank the LORD for the voice, the opportunity, the brother, and the life I was so graciously blessed with this day. To Him belongeth all the glory. Amen.

Comments